Guiffy Top 10 Tips
- To view the compare of a Unicode file (or other non-default encodings), select Options -> Encoding(Charsets)... Select your encoding format from the choicelist. You will need a Unicode font installed on your platform such as Arial Unicode MS or Bitstream Cyberbit. Then, select Options -> Font... to use that font for All text.
- To compare a file tree with the folder compare, select Options -> Folder Show... Show SubFolders (Recursively)
- For an indication if sub folders match in a folder compare, select Options -> Folder Ignore... Verify SubFolders Match
- To synch files/folders in folder compare, select the file(s)/folder(s) and right click, then choose an action (copy or delete)
- To Compare large file trees with thousands of file/folders, see Help -> Contents...
Tech Note #3
- To integrate Guiffy with Git or other Version Management Systems, see Help -> Contents... CM Integrations
Perforce integration, or
- To set up Dark Mode, see Help -> Contents...
Tech Note #10
- To integrate Guiffy with Windows Explorer or other desktops, see Help -> Contents... Desktop Integrations
Windows Explorer integration,
MacOS X Finder integration, or
Linux KDE integration.
- To get a debug trace on MacOS X, run the console utility. To get a debug trace on all other platforms, see Help -> Contents...
Tech Note #1
- To get a cheat sheet for all of Guiffy's shortcuts, see Help -> Contents...
Guiffy Software, Inc. 2022