Guiffy Release Notes
9.6 Release Notes: Build 319 - November 1, 2011
The 9.6 release includes:
- SureMerge Promote option:
- SureMerge Promote option adds intelligence to SureMerge which will auto merge changes
that would be treated as an Attention (conflict) otherwise. The following scenario is
a Promote merge case: Branch A(1st file) is being "promoted" to Branch B(2nd file). Branch B
is a child of (originally based on) Branch A. Originally Branch A (and Branch B) inserted
2 lines of code after line 26. Branch A is updated adding another line to the lines previously
added after line 26. The SureMerge Promote recognizes this case and automatically merges the
additional line inserted. 3-way merge tools without a promote option will treat such changes
as a conflict requiring manual user resolution.
- Promote merge checkbox added in Compare/Merge options dialog.
- Guiffy and SureMerge command line -pr option added.
- API GuiffyFrame, GuiffyPanel, GuiffySureMerge classes - setPromote method added.
- Save 1st/2nd + Reload Compare - File menu operations added to Save 1st or 2nd file and then
Reload Compare. Shortcuts Ctrl 6 and Ctrl 7 added.
- MacOS X 10.6/7 Finder integration - Help doc updated with information on how to
build a Services menu Finder integration workflow with Automator.
- MacOS X 10.7 scrollmeters scaled - adjusts offsets to allow for no scroll buttons.
- Encoding Auto Mode made default.
- Upgraded to InstallAnywhere 2011 SP2 - improved installers and application launchers.
- Bugs 418-420 fixed (Refer to BugReports on Guiffy's web site for details).
9.4 Release Notes: Build 312 - March 1, 2011
The 9.4 release includes:
- SaveAs Unified Diff:
- Replaces SaveAs RCS Diff.
- Supports specifying number of Context lines, EOL formats, & Encoding format.
- Jiff non-GUI command line utility -u option added to generate Unified Diff.
- GuiffyDiff non-GUI API class - setUnified method added to generate Unified Diff.
- SureMerge "eat a closer" avoidance:
- Detects matching line(s) at the end of conflicting inserts, Keep Both avoids loosing
any of those matching lines.
- Implemented in GUI application and APIs & SureMerge non-GUI
(automation and server-side) application and API.
- SureMerge improved processing with options for Ignored lines.
- SureMerge algorithms improved for large files and differences.
- File and Folder history lists avoid duplicate path entries. Parent File history list
for SureMerges preserved when merge results saved to different path.
- File and Folder dialogs remember last path used - corrected/improved/extended.
- Upgraded Quaqua FileChooser for latest Snow Leopard LAF on MacOS X.
- Upgraded to JavaHelp 2 - improved search and performance.
- Upgraded to InstallAnywhere 2010 - improved installers and application launchers.
- Bugs 412-417 fixed (Refer to BugReports on Guiffy's web site for details).
9.3 Release Notes: Build 293 - September 1, 2010
The 9.3 release includes:
- Folder Compare performance improved - upto 4x faster. The Verify
files match using Text verify (default) is enhanced to
automatically detect binary files and switch to the binary
(Byte-by-byte) verify method.
- Folder Compare archive files improved - added support
for Zip64 and 7-Zip formats.
- Keep/Undo All tool imrpoved. KeepUndoAll action method added in the
GuiffyPanel class of the API. Keep and Undo All actions fixed
to avoid issues that were hanging the UI on subsequent editing
- Java 7 (pre-release) support - Guiffy runtime checks for Java
runtime versions updated to recognize 1.7.
- Vista and Windows 7 Toolbars improved - removed the button border
- Bug 411 fixed - Merge result view clipping the background colors in
changes prematurely. This anti-aliasing issue also caused selected
lines with tabs to be displayed improperly.
9.2 Release Notes: Build 284 - June 23, 2010
The 9.2 release includes:
- Improved Attention Views - Compare views for Parent vs 1st or 2nd added for during
3-way auto merges. Context (right click, popup) menu items added to open compare views
showing the Parent vs 1st or 2nd file for the current Attention.
- Improved SureMerge resolutions - 3-way auto merge algorithms improved to avoid "Confused"
cases and reduce the number of Attentions (also known as Conflicts).
- GuiffyReport utility - nonGUI compare report tool generates HTML compare reports.
- Open Evaluations - without email. Fully enabled 21-day evaluations without a temporary
license key or email required. Temporary license keys still available for extended
(beyond 21 days) evaluations.
- Upgraded installer and launcher
- Bugs 409-410 fixed (Refer to BugReports on Guiffy's web site for details)
9.1 Release Notes: Build 280 - February 6, 2010
The 9.1 bug fix release includes:
- Upgraded install and launcher
packages for MaxOS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and Windows 7 support.
- Bugs 396-408 fixed (Refer to BugReports on Guiffy's web site for details)
9.0 Release Notes: Build 268 - July 29, 2009
The 9.0 release includes:
- Folder Compare - Archive files:
- Archive files (zip, tar, tgz, tbz2, jar, ear, war)
can be compared with folders/file trees. Archive files can be specified for folder
compares in the Folder Open panel, in all of Guiffy's command line interfaces,
and in the Guiffy API.
- Once an archive file is selected for a folder compare it is treated virtually just
like a folder/file tree. The folder compare "explore" methods work for expanding/comparing
subfolders. Launching a file compare with a double-click in the folder compare view
works. The folder compare synchronize operations such as copying or deleting files work.
You can even edit a file in the file compare view and save it back to the archive file
(which is being managed like a virtual file tree).
- Archive files are treated like subfolders within a folder compare. Archive files
can be expanded/explored within a folder compare view. During a filetree (recursive)
compare, the archive files will be compared like subfolders. And, archive files will
be verified for matching/changed just like subfolders.
- Diff/Merge tool Syntax Highlighting:
- File compare view syntax highlighting for over 20 syntax
JSP, Lua, Make, Perl, PHP, Properties, Python, Ruby, SAS, SQL, Tcl, Unix shell scripts,
Windows Batch, XML). The file types recognized for a supported syntax can be modified
by the user. Highlighting style options include: color, italics, and bold. Syntax
elements (each with their own style) include: Comments, Reserved words, Funtions,
Literals, Data Types, Variables, Separators, Operators and Preprocessor). The style
options for each syntax element can be modified by the user. All the user option
settings can be saved and applied in subsequent sessions.
- While editing within a file compare or merge view, syntax highlighting is updated
- User defined keyboard shortcuts:
- Keyboard Shortcuts for all of Guiffy's actions - menu items
and merge buttons can be user defined (more than 80). The user defined shortcuts can
be saved and applied in subsequent sessions.
- SureMerge "under the hood" improvements from 8.6 (Build 262)
- Bug reports 390-394 Refer to BugReports on Guiffy's web site for details).
- These SureMerge advancements result in auto merging correctly some ugly merge
cases that are NOT merged correctly by other 3-way merge tools.
- NetBeans plugin:
- File compare, Folder compare, and Merge functions included.
- Integration with CVS and SVN included.
- Compare local version vs. CVS or SVN version.
- Replace file(s) with latest CVS or SVN version(s).
- Plugin uses Guiffy's API --- So, its faster than other Diff tool plugins
which execute external commands.
- Since the Guiffy plugin is Java based --- Its available
for all NetBeans platforms (not just Windows).
- Smoother screen shifts during merge operations/navigation
- Folder compare enhanced for files over 1GB
- New About dialog with license key path and scrolling credits window
- Added Dont Remind Me button to Support Expired dialog
- Installer upgraded - finds 1.6 JDK/JREs and works with the latest 64 bit platforms
- Guiffy Inside API updated: Added methods for 9.0 features
- Help updated: Added information for 9.0 features
- Updated U.I. translations
Guiffy Software, Inc. 2012